Monday, August 6, 2012

Spring party: dessert table

For my sister's graduation, my family hosted a big barbecue at a local park for family and friends.  Lara normally makes a special cake for the party (aka life-sized basketball shoe, waterbottle, trombone in case), but she had a better idea for this one.  Stephanie loves all things vintage and girly, so Lara decided to create an adorable dessert table with many different options.  She made button cookies, confetti, orange, strawberry, and lemon cupcakes, Neopolitan rice crispy treats,  Eiffel tower-shaped almond cookies, chocolate and mint fudge.  She used sewing and picnic baskets, vases, plates on stacks of vintage books, and cake stands to display all the treats.  The table was decorated with flowers in snapple jars (painted white, with the "S" painted in yellow), coffee syrup jars, baby food jars, and whatever else we could find!  Enjoy!:)

Summer Strawberry, Orange Creamsicle, Luscious Lemon




Death by Chocolate





14 comments:

  1. Very nice and yummy looking! Looks like a lot of work, but well worth it in the end. I found you at Weekend Craft Soiree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!! I'm having a hard time focusing.. all those desserts look YUMMY!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What an amazing assortment. How did people choose only three? Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love the button idea for the table,
    i hope you'll stop by our linky and share this with us all.
    www.live-love-laugh-interiordesign.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look so adorable, I think I couldn't choose which one to try first! Great party!! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful goodies! The button cookies really caught my eye... well all of it was beautiful...hard to choose what's best. :D

    Melissa http://www.mywatermelonmoon.com, I am (now) a follower and I would appreciate you following along with me too! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look amazingly yummy! Wish I had had an invite... :) Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness! everything looks delicious. I, myself, would have a hard time choosing which of those to get! Thanks a lot for sharing this very "yummy" post. I am totally pinning this!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful spread. I would have to cheat & get one of each! Ha ha.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a thought or two!