Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's been a while.............

Way too long in fact.  Honestly, I just can't wait for summer when there will be more time for crafting and creating!  BUT - I have been sewing today, and can't wait to show you what I came up with!!!  (hint - one project involves, you guessed it, a vintage sheet!!!!!)  In the mean time, I thought I'd show you what I've been pinning lately!  I hadn't gotten on Pinterest in a few months until I hopped on the other day and realized that I have 600+ followers!!! Needless to say, I was shocked:)  {Are you following me?}  So, without further ado, here you go!
Soft and Chewy Spiced Carrot Cake Cookies (not cakey!) averiecooks.com
When I was younger, my dad's entire side of the family would go camping every few summers.  One of my favorite memories was opening a little metal mailbox with my name on it and finding carrot cake that my aunt made especially for me.  Ever since then, I've kind of had a thing for carrot cake.  I'm absolutely loving this idea of carrot cake cookies!  And butterscotch chips??? YUM!!!!

Have you been following Crochet 101 going on over at One Artsy Mama?  Well, if you want to learn to crochet, I highly recommend it!  I've seen a few tutorials on how to crochet coffee cozies, but this one was definitely the most clearly written and easiest to follow.  In fact, I made one on Sunday!  I just have to get a cup to make sure my sizing is right before I sew the button on...

Another fun memory (please bear with me as I reminisce): my grandparents used to make pickles that look just like these.  I don't remember if they were canned or just refrigerator, but let me tell you:::they. were. delish.  (Wow.  My mouth just started watering).  In case you don't know, I kind of have a thing for pickles.  Like, some might say I'm addicted.  I was sad when my grandma stopped making them and then we couldn't find the recipe, but I think I'm going to need to give these ones a trysie.


I'm always on the look-out for simple crochet projects that don't say "look! I'm a beginner!!!!  Wanna see the useless 2x2 square I just finished?"  This *paper chain* would be super simple, but is also totally adorable!  And it would last much longer than a real paper chain.

Anyhoo, I'm always looking for more inspiration, so feel free to leave your Pinterest name in the comments and I will come over and stalk you!;)

Until next time (complete with a vintage sheet)
~Kelsey

Note: all credit for photos, recipes, and patterns goes to these bloggers.  I take no credit for their work.  Just trying to spread their awesomeness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a thought or two!