Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Few Favorites: "Alternative" Christmas Trees

The other day my sisters were talking about Christmas trees.  Our house has a vaulted ceiling, so we always end up with a pretty large tree.  Like, 16 feet large.  For some of us, this is just tradition that we expect every year.  We know for a fact that we will always push the Christmas tree over to our open, second-story loft to decorate the top.  For others, this is a nightmare (cue said 16 foot tree [ornaments, lights, water, and all] crashing on the floor above us in the middle of the night.  Yep, nightmare).  One of my sisters stated that she is going to have a nice 6-footer every year when she has her own house.  To everyone's shock, I said that "I'm not going to have a Christmas tree."  Then I clarified by saying, "I'm going to have like 30 of them!!!"  I love this trend of "alternative" Christmas trees.  If you want to change it up and make your tree out of a ladder instead of having to slog through the mud to cut one down in the pouring rain (hint hint, Washingtonians), you can go right ahead.  Or if you're like me and just want Christmas trees everywhere, there are so many different options!  And since we only have 24 more days until Christmas (eek!), I thought I'd share 24 Christmas tree ideas with you!
 
Have you made any alternative Christmas trees?  I saw one on Pinterest that I really want to make, made of white cupcake liners.  Hmm.......couldn't find the link.  But you can find the picture on my Christmas Tree board.
 
~Kelsey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a thought or two!