Friday, August 31, 2012

Lowes: my new BFF + paint chip bookmarks

When I first started looking at projects using paint chips, it seemed that everyone talked about how they had to sneak a stash into their purse, or make sure nobody saw them grabbing up a handful of colors.  The first time I was in pursuit of paint chips, I just marched up to the counter at Lowes' and asked if it was okay for me to take a bunch for some craft projects, and they told me it was.  Cool right?  Well, each time I've been in there I still check with them just in case someone has a different opinion.  This last time though, the {let's call him a} paint manager for all of the stores in the area was there.  He said that he re-stocks the paint chips each week and throws out what is left.  So now, instead of putting all those awesome colors to waste, he's gonna start throwing them in a box and saving them for me!  How awesome is that?!?!?!  [I can't wait for that phone call from Lowes telling me they're ready!:) ].
 
Here's the first project I whipped out with some paint chips I already had.  Super easy, and super fun if you ask me!
 
 
Happy Friday!
 

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's totally awesome! Asking does great things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always best to ask... and look how you were rewarded! YAY!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! You'll probably have so many you won't know what to do with them all very soon ;) Can't wait to see what creative ideas you come up with. Thanks so much for linking up at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be featuring your project at tonight's Make it Great party. I hope you'll stop by to grab a featured button from the sidebar and link up again!

      Delete
  4. Great idea! I am sitting here looking at about 1000 paint chips from our recent basement project. Now, I know what I can use them for :)
    Would you consider linking this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, amazing how versatile and useful these paint chip marks are.... This is a fun idea. So fun in fact that I'd like to invite you to come link it up at our linky party at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/ Hope to see you join in!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a thought or two!