Thursday, June 6, 2013

Liebster Award



Have you heard of the Liebster Award?  It's given to "up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Well, Tara from Salt and Pepper Moms nominated me for this award!  I think she is the "Liebster", especially since I've been MIA for so long!!!  I first started following Tara via Instagram ( she's @saltandpeppermoms and I'm @fancythatnotion).  Now I'm following her and Devin on their blog, and love it!  They've got some awesome DIY projects, and yummy looking recipes!!!

Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1) Thank your nominator and include a link back to their blog.

2) Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator

3) Post 11 facts about yourself

4) Nominate 5-11 other up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers-no tag backs!

5) Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer

6) Let your nominees know you nominated them so that they too can pass on the Liebster love!

Now that the official business is over, lets get to the fun part!!!


Here are my answers to Tara's questions:

1) Do you speak any foreign languages?  If not, which would you like to be fluent in?  I took a few years of Spanish, but never majorly picked up on it.  But now I'm learning American Sign Language!  Would definitely love to be fluent!  (And yes, I "eavesdrop" without shame when I see people signing.....don't worry, I can only understand like one word every few sentences;)

2) What is your favorite food or recipe? Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana.  I still need to make the recipe that I've seen floating around on Pinterest!!!  (Have you tried it?)

3) What do you like to do when you are alone? Alone?  What's that?  In a family of eight, you're never alone;)  But on the extremely rare occasion, I'm usually sewing or reorganizing my craft supplies (sermon playing or music blaring, mind you!)

4) How many years have you been blogging? Just one year blogging!  But hopefully many more to come:)

5) Describe yourself in one word.  (Try as best as you can.)  Outgoingly-shy.  Is that two words?  And does it even make sense?  Well, let me explain.  I'm super energetic, love to talk and laugh - once I get to know you.

6) Do you prefer a fork or a spoon? Spoon.  (Think ice cream?)

7) What is your favorite cereal?  If you don't eat cereal, what do you replace it with? Grits.  I used to think they were blah, but now I kind of love them.

8) Where do you like to buy your clothes from? Gap, Ann Taylor, Loft, Target, Romy, Nike, Under Armour, GW Outlet (EEK!)

9) What's your favorite movie? Peter Pan.  I'm a die-hard fan.  Don't judge;)

10) Which blog is your favorite to follow? See Kate Sew.  She is one of the first blogs that I ever followed, and I absolutely love her style.  (And seriously, how cute are those two kiddos???)

11) What project have you not done yet on you blog, that you would love to do? I'm working on a sweatshirt covered in bows.  But it turns out that I'm not a huge fan of sewing the same straight lines 15 times over again.  Soon hopefully!

Alrighty, now I get to tell you 11 completely random things about myself!

1) I hate bananas.  But I eat them ALL. THE. TIME.

2) I scream whenever I drive by a semi.

3) I don't understand the obsession with mustaches on necklaces.  I think mustaches are great and all, but on a necklace?  Not thank you.

4) I've been pinched by a crab in the ocean and a praying mantis in Costco.

5) I talk to myself.  ALL. THE. TIME.  Sometimes even more if I feel people watching......weird.

6) When going up or down stairs, I have to land on my right foot.  Does that have anything to do with being an engineer's daughter?  Maybe...

7) At meals, I eat all of one food, all of another, and so on.  I don't take a few bites of each one.  Everything in order.  Again, engineer's daughter.  Right here.

8) When my hair is straight (it is naturally curly), it goes past my waist.

9) I have an obsession with beachcombing.  I can't help myself.  Weird part?  Now my dog picks up whole sand dollars.

10) I've never broken a bone in my life.

11) I'm known for my "eagle eyes" and good memory........except when it's really needed.

And now for my nominees!!!


Andrea from Aidie's Hideaway

Christie from Storehouse Crafts

Shannon from Shannon Weight Photography

Charming Touch Parties

Emily and Ingrid from The Handmade Girl


Here are my questions for you lovelies!!!

1) What's the first blog that you remember following?

2) What's on the top of your bucket list?

3) What is your favorite color combination?

4) What part of the blogging process takes the longest?  (planning the project, taking pictures, writing the post, etc.)

5) What's your favorite crafting product?

6) What would be your dream job?

7) What's your favorite healthy snack?

8) What wakes you up the most in the morning?

9) What trend is popular right now that you think is ridiculous?

10) What is one crafty thing that your really aren't good at? (if any:)

11) What is your favorite way to accessorize?



Please let me know when you nominate some other blogs so I can read your answers and follow some new friends!!!

~Kelsey

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love it!! So glad you posted this!! I love getting to know you better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, a praying mantis in Costco? never heard that story..;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a thought or two!